This apple, potato and turkey hash is a truly versatile, marco-friendly fix. It satisfies savory and sweet cravings all at once, can be enjoyed hot or cold, and served as a side dish or a meal on its own (depending on the portion).
Serves 4, Serving size: 300 g
Calories: 287, Protein: 40 g, Carbs: 25 g, Fat: 1.7 g
- 665 g boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 690 g Klondike Gold potatoes (yellow potatoes)
- 208 g/1 large Granny Smith green apple
- 150 g sliced mushrooms
- 113 g no sugar added apple sauce
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Prep chicken breast using our instant pot shredded chicken recipe. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Dice potato and apples into small, evenly sized cubes (the smaller you dice, the quicker the recipe will cook)
- Add potatoes, diced apples and mushrooms to a large pot over medium heat. Add cinnamon and 1/4 cup of water.
- Stir pot regularly until mixture is soft but not mushy. If more cooking time is required but the water is evaporated, add a splash more water. Once cooked, add the shredded chicken and apple sauce. Stir in for about 30 seconds to let the chicken and sauce come up to temperature. Remove pot from heat, separate into servings.