When the carbs are a-calling and you want to fuel your body with nutrition, look no further than these nutty loaded sweet potatoes. Made with a few simple ingredients you likely already have on hand, these vitamin A and fiber bombs are perfect for breakfast, snacks, and late night snacking.
Pair with a low-carb protein shake for a balanced meal :)
Serves: 4, Serving size: 60 g
Calories: 148.5, Protein: 3 g, Carbs: 25.5 g, Fat 4 g
- 2 small yams or sweet potatoes, 350 g total
- 70 g banana (1 small banana), sliced
- 32 g drippy nut butter (the macros for this recipe were calculated using Trader Joe's natural-style peanut butter)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 g chia seeds
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of flaky salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Wash the sweet potatoes and pierce them with a fork. Roast them in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until a knife slides through them easily.
- When the potatoes are finished roasting, remove them from the oven and let them sit until they are cool enough to handle. Meanwhile, combine the nut butter and vanilla extract in a small bowl. For ultimate drippiness, nuke the nut butter in the microwave in 20 second bursts until melty. Slice the banana.
- Slit the sweet potato down the middle and sprinkle each one with a little cinammon and some flaky salt. Drizzle each yam with equal amounts of the nut butter and arrange the banana slices on top. Sprinkle with chia seeds and enjoy!