This zucchini-bite recipe is a super easy and macro-friendly side dish to add to ANY meal. We made them in mini-muffin tins, but they can just as easily be shaped into fun tater-tots and baked right on a cookie sheet. Eat just a few, or the whole batch! (The whole batch is perfect for snacking!)
Serving size: the whole batch ;) (makes 12 bites)
Calories: 197, Protein: 12 g, Carbs: 26.4 g, Fat: 4.8 g
- 15 g bread crumbs
- 175 raw, shredded zucchini
- 90 g diced red onion
- 1 oz Cabot light sharp cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 F and spray a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray or prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray.
- Grate and weigh zucchini, then squeeze out all of the excess water using a dishtowel.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and season
- Portion the mixture into 12 mini muffin tins or shape into tater-tots
- Bake for 18-20 minutes (turning half way if you are making tots) until golden brown