Made with lean ground chicken breast, crispy Granny Smith apples, and lots of flavorful rosemary, these chicken apple bugers are simple to prepare and perfect for meal prep.
Note that in order for the bugers to stay togther, the apple needs to chopped finely. Make sure that your apple chunks are no bigger than 1/4 inch thick.
Serves: 8, Serving size: 85 g
Calories: 122, Protein: 18 g, Carbs: 3 g, Fat: 3.5 g
- 680 g ground chicken breast (or turkey breast, if you prefer)
- 150 g (1 apple) Granny Smith apple, finely chopped or diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 5 g dried rosemary
- 30 g light mayonaise
- 15 g mustard, any kind
- 2 tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and se your hands to work the mixture together. Weight the entire mixture and divide it into eight equal portions, then form the burgers into patties 3/4 inch thick
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, give it a spritz of cooking spray. Add the burgers, in batches if necessary, and cook for 5 minutes per side or until the burgers are cooked through
- Serve on buns, plain, or with toppings!
To keep your apple from browning, fill a small bowl with water and a squeeze of lemon juice or a capful of apple cider or white vinegar. Drain the liquid before you use the apples!