Breakfast is that meal that usually goes by the wayside if you're running late or are super busy, which is why the more you can prep the easier it is! This recipe is great paired with a protein shake, with lovely spice notes that make you think you're really eating dessert for breakfast!
Serves: 6, serving size: 300 g
Calories: 375, Protein: 22 g, Carbs: 48 g, Fat: 10 g
- 600 g 1% milk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 6-10 drops Liquid stevia (depending on your sweet tooth!)
- 240 g old-fashioned oats
- 30 g chia seeds
- 40 g raisins
- 150 g carrot shredded
- 640 g plain, non fat greek yogurt
- the zest of 1/2 an orange
- 45 g toasted pecans
- In a bowl, combine the milk, vanilla extract, all the spices, salt and stevia. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, combine the oats, chia seeds, raisins, and shredded carrots. Pour the milk mixture over the oats and stir to combine. Refrigerate the oats for at least an hour before topping with the yogurt.
- When you're ready to top the oats, combine the Greek yogurt, some additional liquid stevia, and orange zest in a bowl. Evenly spread the yogurt mixture on top of the oats, then sprinkly the pecans on top. Cover the pan and refrigerate the oats overnight.
- Serve the oats cold, and eaat within 3 days.