Hey fam! Alyssa here, just wanted to share a spin on a family favorite that my mom always made when I was a kid.
Sometimes, we just want some good ole' comfort food, some food from our childhood...the challenge is that those types of food usually don't fit well when it comes to reaching weight loss or fat loss goals. One of my favorite things to do is take recipes that I loved as a kid and put a healthier spin on them. Now that DOESN'T mean that I never have the original recipes every once in a while, but I definitely don't have them every week.
Stuffed peppers was always an easy dish that we would have when my mom didn't want to cook dinner for the rest of the week. Now, it's a meal that I love to prep that can give me a taste of childhood and still help me work towards my goals.
Serving Size: 1 stuffed pepper
Calories: 331, Protein: 25.3 g, Carbs: 35.9 g, Fat: 8.5 g
- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 132 g Hunts Tomato Paste
- 16 oz 93/7 ground turkey
- 300 g white rice, cooked
- 100 g onion, diced
- Garlic Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a skillet, spray non-stick cook spray in pan and let heat for 30 seconds. Add onion, saute until beginning to be transparent. Add ground turkey season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until turkey is browned and cooked through
- While turkey is cooking, cut the tops off the bell peppers and scoop out seeds with a spoon, set aside.
- Once turkey is cooked, add rice and tomato paste to skillet, stirring until combined.
- Place peppers in baking pan and evenly distribute the turkey, rice, and tomato paste mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Top with cheese (optional and not included in calories) and enjoy!