Made with lean ground turkey breast, spicy green chiles and smoky paprika, these green chile turkey burgers are simple to prepare and perfect for meal prep.
Serves: 6, Serving Size: 95 g
Calories: 93, Protein: 18 g, Carbs: 3 g, Fat: 1 g
- 454 G (1 LB) 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 15 g light mayo
- 50 g red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 113 g (4 oz can) chopped green chiles
- zest of 1 lime
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to work the mixture together. Weigh the entire mixture and divide it into six euqal portions, then from the burgers into patties 3/4-inch thick
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, give it a spritz of cooking spray. Add the burgers, in batches if necessary, and cook for 5 minutes per side or until the burgers are cooked through.
- Serve on buns, plain or with creamy chipotle mayo
Not sure how to zest lime? It's easy! Simply grab a grater and rut it across the outside of your lime to remove only the green part of the skin.
Don't have a grater? No problem. Just use a vegetable peeler to peel off strips of lime zest, then finely chop it with a knife.