The weather has taken a turn towards cold quicker than we expected, so we might as well embrace it! Fall is great for brisk walks and pretty leaves, but it's also great for food. This recipe harnesses all our favorite Fall flavors into one delicious, nutritious meal.
A 3 unit portion: 1.5 cups spinach, .5 cup chopped cabbage, 3/4 chopped apple, 3 oz chicken, 1.5 chopped walnuts, 1 tbs either cheese, 1.5 tbs vinaigrette. If you don't know what this whole unit business is, give us a call at 302-689-3489!
- 2 tbs cranberry juice concentrate
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 heaping tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tbs raw honey
- 1 finger pinch both kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 cups cooked skinless chicken breast meat, chopped
- 2 apples of choice, cored, chopped, skin on
- 9 oz bag baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 head red cabbage, chopped
- walnuts, toasted, chopped
- gorgonzola OR blue cheese, crumbled
- Cook chicken breast in any way you wish or purchase a prepared rotisserie chicken; remove all meat from chicken; tossing skin and bones. Set aside
- Heat gas or charcoal BBQ so that it's emitting low heat. Toast walnuts; cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients, set aside
- Assemble all your suggested portions and add to a bowl or ziploc bag EXCEPT walnut pieces and vinaigrette until ready to toss
- When ready to enjoy your salad, add in walnut pieces and dressing, toss and enjoy!