Coach’s Corner: Navigating Spring and Summer Nutrition

Spring and summer are my favorite seasons! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and there are so many fun activities to do outside. But with all the barbecues, parties, and vacations, it can be tough to stay on track with your nutrition goals. That’s why I’ve put together some tips to help you navigate the upcoming months with ease.


First and foremost, pre-planning is key. Whether you’re heading out for a day at the beach or attending a family cookout, make sure to plan your meals and snacks in advance. By packing your own healthy options, you’ll be less likely to succumb to the temptation of unhealthy foods.


Another helpful strategy is to use the 80/20 rule. This means that 80 percent of your week should be filled with nutrient-dense foods, such as fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains. The other 20 percent can be reserved for fun foods, like ice cream, pizza, or a cocktail with friends. This allows you to enjoy the summer festivities without feeling guilty or sabotaging your progress.


Enlisting the help of friends and family can also be a great way to stay accountable. Whether you join a workout group, a healthy cooking class, or simply have a friend check in on your progress, having support and encouragement can make all the difference.


When attending events, don’t be afraid to make healthy choices. Opt for grilled chicken or fish instead of burgers and hot dogs, choose a salad instead of fries, and skip the sugary drinks in favor of water or unsweetened iced tea. Most importantly, listen to your body and eat until you’re satisfied, not stuffed.


Overall, the key to navigating spring and summer with your nutrition is balance. By pre-planning, using the 80/20 rule, and enlisting help from friends and family, you can enjoy all the fun and excitement that these seasons have to offer while still making progress towards your goals. So go ahead and soak up the sun – with these tips in mind, you can feel confident and empowered in your healthy lifestyle choices!


Related Posts


The delayed soreness of DOMS is generally at its worst within the first 2 days following the activity and subsides

Read More »
Scroll to Top

Fill out our form and one of our coaches will be in touch about membership options.